Monday 30 November 2009

Cath Kidston lunch Bags

I loved Cath Kidston fabric even before I knew who she was. Back in 2003 there was this gorgeous pop paisley fabric selling in IKEA for £2.50 a meter. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have bought bolts of it! Even so I did by several meters and used it to make my first Project Linus quilt which was machine quilted on a table top frame. It was so pretty I made another so I could give it to my daughter and enjoy it around the house.









On Saturday I wanted to make something that I could finish in an hour. And the girls lunch bags were getting rather tatty - so I decided to use my precious Cath Kidston scraps and whip up a couple of lunch bags. I adaped the stlye of the old bags and re used the ties at the top. The girls were 'chuffed' (fun English slang word meaning really pleased!) Now I get a bit of Cath Kidston to brighten up my morning lunch making routine. My 17 year old son, commented that they were 'really sweet' and added that he'd rather just keep using his old bag. Vive la différence!

No comments: