Sunday 6 September 2009

Coming to Grips

We introduced Nifty Grips to the quilting public for the first time at the Festival of Quilts a few weeks ago. They were a big hit. Many people who already had other handles appreciated the ergonomic design. Everyone found them easy and natural to use. My daughter Emily and I spent four non-stop days using the Nifty Grips with a JUKI on the New English Quilting frame. At 7 1/2 hours a day we had a good opportunity to really try them out. What I liked best about the grips was how easy they were to forget. This may sound strange but think about it. A good shoe is a shoe you don't notice. The Grips were so responsive that I didn't need to waste energy or attention trying to work them. Once I got going, I barely noticed the grips, because they were so easy to use I could concentrate on my stitching. That's what I call a great gadget!



Nifty Grips put speed control at your finger tips. They are custom made to replace any foot pedal and can be used with any machine quilting frame. Nifty Grips are currently available for JUKI and Janome sewing machines. But we can custom make the grips to go with any sewing machine. If you've been frustrated kicking the foot pedal across the floor or squeezing the foot pedal by hand, Nifty Grips may be just what you're looking for. The photo below shows a set of Nifty Grips made to go with a Bernina Activa, a machine, by the way with the reputation of being one of the most sought after second hand models ever!

1 comment:

Lainee said...

Hi...I've watched you on Youtube using your frame. I've heard that you only sell it in the UK. I just now found your blog on another blog and am curious about the Nifty Grip handles. Will you only be selling those in the UK as well? If you do sell them in the states, what do you think a ball park figure would be? I have a Brother QC 1000 and am thinking of putting it on a small frame.