Friday 19 August 2011

Lucie and Jenny

Lucie Summers and Jenny Spencer are another award winning mother daughter team. Lucie is a British fabric designer going exciting places and Jenny is a long arm quilter with a magic touch. Last year they took first prize in the Group Quilts category with this 'Portholes' quilt. I caught this photo while they were hanging out with the Fat Quarterly Crew at the Festival of Quilts last week.

Here's a detail shot from the 2010 show. I love how the quilting design plays off the quirky fabric. Jenny came to my stand last year and took me to see the quilt. I'd sent her the Rainbows thread for the quilting. She certainly put it to good use!!

This year Lucie and Jenny came out with a Highly Commended in the Two Person quilt category for this 'Hexagons and Stars' quilt. Once again I love the way the design in the fabrics and the line designs in the quilting so compliment each other! You can visit Lucie on her blog and also at her etsy shop: Summersville

2 comments:

Emma said...

Really gutted I missed the FOQ this year, it looked like a good one. Hope it was successful for you business wise. You were right - Rome was amazing!! Photos of quilt on blog.

Martha said...

It was a very good show for us. People were eager to try the frame and did really grasp the value. Emily and I got to meet some delightful gals from your quilting group : )