Thursday 13 September 2012

Leaf Butterfly


This project started out as a leaf card. I cut out leaf shapes from some new and old fabric and stitched them to brown card using a raw edge appliqué technique. Then, I started stitching some designs around the leaves but they just didn't turn out the way I'd hoped they would. So I cut the leaf shapes out of the original card and realized that they'd make a lovely butterfly.


Here I'm stitching down the centre part of the butterfly on my JUKI Exceed 600. I use this machine for all my piecing and crafting work.


I've used a variegated thread from Superior Thread's LAVA range on top and a pre-wound bobbin of Bottomline in the bobbin. I've got a 100/16 Topstitch titanium coated needle in the machine. It goes through multiple layers of fabric and card with no problem.

The finished card all ready to fly away to my sister in Baltimore. The butterfly card is a good example of how mistakes can morph into something unexpected.

Source: bit.ly via Martha on Pinterest

No comments: