|See the New English Quilter frame at the Wiltshire Quilt Festival|
We've been busy preparing for the
Wiltshire Quilt Festival.
Here's a schedule of events
through out the week
through out the week
so you'll know what's on.
On Thursday 13 March, we're hosting a special day for a group of quilters coming over from the Isle of Wight. But all are welcome to join in. Friday March 14th and Saturday March 15th the Salisbury Franklins shop will be open between 9:00 and 5:00 so you can...
- Try out the latest and tried-and-true-classic sewing machines and overlockers. There will be experienced instructors on hand to demo the machines and give advice.
- Have a go machine quilting on the New English Quilter frames. Emma and Martha will have our machine quilting frames set up so anyone who likes can have a play.
- Join in our Machine Quilting Threaducation Seminar and find out what threads work best for machine quilting and why.
- Participate in our 'Thread Play Sessions' it's a chance to try out all the new ranges of threads on the sewing machines, overlockers and machine quilting frames. You'll get to take home your thread samples for future reference.
- Take advantage of all the sales, special offers and super deals on sewing machines, fabrics, quilting gizmos and gadgets. We've tried to bring everything together for the textile enthusiast all under one charming and spacious roof!
- Have a fun day out with quilting friends and family. There will be tea, coffee and lovely cakes available through out the day.
On Sunday March 16th Martha will be visiting the American Quilt Museum in Bath with anyone who wants to come along for the ride. For people travelling any distance, we've booked rooms at a special rate at the Mercule White Hart in Salisbury for Sunday night. We'll have an evening meal together and a good night's rest so we'll be ready for the Machine Quilter Clinic.
|Martha using the Juki TL98P sewing machine on the New English Quilter frame|
Teaching sessions run between 10:00 and 4:00 on Monday March 17th. We'll have coffee, tea and cakes for elevenses, a buffet lunch, afternoon tea and an evening meal included in the £150 price per person.
Ring or email Martha.
|Martha and Emma talking about Machine Quilting threads|