Monday, 13 December 2010

And then some

For the feather on the last stripe, I used this tonal Diamond Head LAVA # 215 from Superior Threads. The fabric was busy, so I wanted a thread that would blend in.

I let the fabric pattern guide the line design for this stripe. I've machine quilted a double scallop skipping along the edge. Then I wove the feather along the flower garland in the centre. For the red stripe, I used a holly leaf and berries with the deep greens of King Tut #989 Malachite. This time I coupled it with a loop design for a bit of variation. That all the stripes! I've ordered some rik rak for the finishing touches. I can't wait to have it on a bed!

No comments: