Tuesday 15 February 2011

Hugs & Kisses

















Look what I quilted yesterday! This is a 'Hugs and Kisses' table runner. (The pattern makes X's and O's, a suitable sentiment for Valentine's Day)) I'd originally used this pumpkin seed pattern in an autumnal coloured quilt. Now I wanted to see how the design played out in other colours. It was fun choosing lots of pinks and reds and lots of different whites.

















First I needed to choose the threads.

















I wanted a lacy look so it had to be 'Lace White'.

















For the quilting, I began by simply scalloping around the edges. I wanted to achieve a 'doily' look. Scallops are such a useful and prolific pattern. Once you start looking for them you'll see them everywhere! I'll post the rest tomorrow.



1 comment: