Thursday 2 February 2012

Girls and Horses



What is it about girls and horses?!You can see that my daughter Ellie is totally smitten with this pony named Lady. Ellie's been horse mad since she was three so I have a nice collection of horse themed fabric in my stash.


We wanted to make a horse table runner for Lady's owner. We kept it simple. Ellie pieced some strips of fabric together. We loaded it on the 6 foot Art Quilter frame with some brown fleece underneath. 


I quilted this hearts and loops pattern with a MasterPiece # 159 Paint Brush.I've used this photo to show the quilting pattern but the brown thread on the various shades of brown in the pieced runner was intended to blend in and create a pleasing texture. In this project, I didn't want to get in the way of the fabric.


Here it is on the 6 foot Art Quilter frame. Below shows the more subtle quilting. The quilting was completed in about 20 minutes.


Putting on the binding took so much longer!


Here it is with Ellie's horse collection for a quick photo shoot before we gave it to Lady's lovely owner.



No comments: