Tuesday 21 July 2009

Muscle Beach

I've called this quilt Muscle Beach in honour of one of our favourite Tom and Jerry Cartoons. Of course, the mussel shell free-motion quilting design works too. Years ago, when I started quilting it was all about making the thread work with the fabric. But now sometimes, I do it backwards. Sometimes I start out liking a certain thread and end up choosing the fabric to match. For this quilt, I loved how the Rainbows #803 Northern Lights looked against the black batik. So I pieced a very simple top to show off the thread.










I've used two cones from the Rainbows range of Superior Threads. Click the image for a good close up of the threads.
Tipsy, our cat, really likes how the variegated colours of Northern Lights #803 and Jester #801 stand out against the black batik. It's such a lovely backdrop for her tortoise shell coat.



The fleece backing makes it so nice to snuggle in.



What is it with cats and quilting frames? Our cat Tipsy thinks the New English Quilter is the best hammock ever! We were considering creating special frames just for cats, but then, of course, they wouldn't use them!

No comments: