Tuesday 7 September 2010

Charming


One of the nicest things about having a stand at the Festival of Quilts is meeting the other stall holders nearby. Audrey and Tommy Brendel, from Pin Peddlers were at the stand opposite from us at the Festival of Quilts this summer. They came all the way from Etowah, North Carolina. It was their first visit to our Birmingham show. It was a real pleasure to get to know this couple and I just fell in love with all these wonderful pins and charms.I'd seen the pins before, but it was the first time I'd ever seen the charms. I needed to buy some gifts for a couple of my quilting friends and these were perfect. I'm going to carry them in my shop,  but meanwhile you can visit the Pin Peddler site and order directly. As long as you keep the total under£18 you won't have to pay any customs charges.


A funny thing happened at the end of the first day of the show. We had this gigantic 55inch plasma screen running a loop of short films about the New English Quilter, the JUKI sewing machine, Superior Threads and the La Mer DVD. The DVD trailer begins with a beach scene where I walk toward the sea. Tommy and Audrey said, " Martha, we saw you walk to the sea about 50 times today. We kept saying "Don't go!! Come back!! Come back!"  Tommy and Audrey were great fun. I hope we'll see them again next year.

1 comment:

Jan Alexander said...

I didn't get to the FoQ this year, so missed seeing the Pin Peddlars. Hope they're there next year, when I shall definitely be at the NEC!