Thursday 9 September 2010

On the Frame

Jasper on the New English Quilter frame
This post is about Wendy, Jasper and Eileen. On Monday and Tuesday Wendy came down from Scotland for a 2 session machine quilting workshop. Wendy and I have been emailing back and forth for a couple of years, so it was a real treat to get to meet her in person. I set the frame up in the dining room for the workshop because the light is good. Wendy and I had a lovely time but Jasper thought we set the frame up for him. Jasper thinks it's a hammock!

Today my friend Eileen rang up. Eileen bought a table top frame years ago. Now she's looking for just the right sewing machine to put on her Birthday list. Eileen was wondering about the JUKI TL98-P. The frame was still up so I invited her over for a little play. We had to kick Jasper off so Eileen could have a go. Eileen loved it! After about 5 seconds she said "OOOOOOOOOOOh, I want one!"


After 10 seconds she said "I'm having one!" I think that birthday is sorted!


Meanwhile, Jasper walked into the playroom, stepped on the laptop and turned on a Garfield movie! I tell you truly! One of the kid's came running to fetch the camera! And here is the shot. Of course, once she had the camera, Jasper stopped watching. We think that Jasper is much cuter than Garfield! But he still looks a bit put out from getting kicked off the frame.

3 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Very cute. This certainly would have been a great photo to enter in my the Pets on Quilts Show. Maybe next year. Love it!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Jasper's relative, Harley cat, has just managed a post on Twitter by rolling on the key board while I was distracted by the phone. They are obviously very clever breed of cats!

Martha said...

I noticed the photos on facebook, Pauline. It really made me chuckle. Harley was looking very pleased. I think it must have been 'Clever Cat Day!'