Sunday, 28 October 2012

monster patches

I thought this was a brilliant idea when I saw it on pinterest several weeks ago. So I saved it to one of my boards. Today when my son, Peter told me that all his trousers had holes in the knees I decided that it would be a good time to try it out.

I have lots of fleece scraps in many colours left over from my quilting projects,

which served as the mouth, teeth and eyes. One of the great features about fleece is that it won't unravel so these trousers should go through the wash just fine.

I used the sewing macine, a JUKI Exceed 600, to sew the teeth and the mouth.

I used buttons and fleece

to hand sew the eyes.

Here's one leg done.

And now both modelled by Pete. A double barrelled monster
all ready for Halloween.

No comments: